ABOUT BIG ROCK PICKLEBALL
Welcome To Big Rock Pickleball LLC
Big Rock Pickleball, LLC, is a privately owned indoor pickleball court located between Mount Vernon and Big Lake, Washington. Big Rock Pickleball’s mission is to provide the community and visitors with a tournament grade Pickleball court for recreational play and skill building clinics. In addition, Big Rock Pickleball provides outreach to the local community and other countries around the world.
We offer the finest, single court, indoor pickleball facility in Northwest Washington. We have some very nice additions to our court that will make it your favorite place to play and practice:
At Big Rock Pickleball, You Will Enjoy:
• Climate controlled, AC and heating ensuring the temperature is just right.
• Adjustable LED lighting and light filtering blinds on the windows for those with sensitive vision.
• Over nine feet of room at either end from the baseline provides sufficient space for serves and returns.
• Seven feet of playing surface on each side to go for those Earnie’s
• Ceiling height is 20' providing sufficient height to include lobs in your game.
• 12’ dinking wall for drilling
• A big screen TV--video record your game using your smartphone and watch it on the big screen to identify strengths/weaknesses and admire your awesome shots- or just play your favorite music channel
• Lobster ball launching machine for rent to drill alone or with friends
Meet the Owners: John & Melissa Ballenger (and Tucker!)
John retired in 2000 from his career as a sea going Chief Engineer (CE) on an LNG tanker. He held a CE license, unlimited horse power, unlimited waterways; steam, diesel, and gas turbine. He retired a second time in 2016 from Chevron where he was a Marine Facilities Construction Supervisor. John now enjoys travel, pickleball, and flyfishing.
Melissa recently discontinued her involvement in the world of glass art. Her fused glass art can be seen as far away as India, Germany, Australia, Portugal, and England, as well as at our local gallery The Lido Collective. Melissa’s new passion is Pickleball. This has inspired her to become a certified Pickleball coach. Eventually her detached studio will become a short term rental.
Tucker is their beloved yellow lab. He is friendly and well mannered and may pay you a visit in the parking lot when you come to Big Rock Pickleball.
BUILDING THE DREAM
Big Rock Pickleball court construction and our most recent clients and matches. Makes a great date night!